Daily wellness log: September 20th, 2016

Today I woke up kinda tired, but well rested, because I totally slept in more than I should have! But I needed it--I had gotten up real early yesterday for my test, so I let myself sleep in today. I feel my best when I get 10 hours of sleep. Go figure. :P

I had a green smoothie with flaxseed and a bowl of my infamous chocolate oatmeal with honey drizzled on it. I also ate a banana and an apple on the side. I took all my vitamins and a probiotic and was ready for the day.

I "was" going to clean up the house today (kitchen looks terrible) but I ended up visiting my relatives and hung out with them for the rest of the day. I guess it was a good idea, it helped get my mind off some stuff that has been eating me up. They got Wingstop for dinner and I ate a few lemon and pepper chicken wings. I really hope and pray I don't flare up tomorrow, because I am not too sure what is in them, what kind of oil they are fried in--probably not olive oil lol. I was so hungry I just had to eat them. I have been feeling malnourished lately--and it's because I don't eat enough calories. It's not that I'm purposely limiting myself, it's just I don't get enough groceries to last me a whole week because we have to make our food budget stretch. I've been surviving on green smoothies and rice and legumes and canned veggies it seems. Not that I'm complaining--it's just it's really making me wish I felt good enough to go out and get my own job so I can have enough money to buy the foods I want to eat instead of relying on my dad. I feel bad enough because the way I eat can be expensive (well, right now it's not because I'm relying on rice and beans as a main part of my daily diet) but eventually I want to add more fresh fruit and vegetables to my diet to help my body heal itself. So far things are going good, but they could be better. I will take what I can get and leave the results to God. I am thankful for every meal I can eat. I want to learn how to be cheap yet eat good. Can it be done?

I came back home and started cleaning up the kitchen and cooked a pot of green lentils. I am eating some with some white rice and canned steamed carrots with sea salt. It's pretty good. After this I might make a green smoothie with a tablespoon of flax to help offset any harm the chicken wings might do tomorrow (Lol?) ah well! It was a good day and I felt good! Thank You Jesus!

Thanks for reading!

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
Romans 12:21

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On depression and losing the magic you once had.

10/5/2022